Bonjour nos amis!
This is Nate speaking today, but I want to kind of give you a rundown of what this blog is going to be about as well as some information to look forward to.
First up, this is about our journey from where we are to where we are going. We plan on going mostly Eco-friendly in the next few years, and this will document or journey there. It will also be a documentation of how we are going from our current situation, both health wise and living area wise, to our plans (good health and our own house).
It is about our family moving into an Eco-friendly environment, Kirie (my wife), Myself, and our kids. It is about how we desire to go Eco-friendly, but while still finding balance with our social and leisure lifestyles. Hence "Finding our Eco balance."
Secondly, we will speak about our health, possibly in length and depth even. I want to clarify this, we will speak about our health not to complain, but to inform how we do the things we do with our health, or just what our health is A.T.M. That being said we try to be as normal as we can, even with our massive health issues, we like to feel like normal people who can do normal things.
This brings me to my third point. We will be running a homestead. . . eventually. We will be working up to that, and it may be a while coming, largely due to money constraints but also because we have a family and want to be able to have our kids help with everything. But it will definitely be in increments, and we may even start some things right away.
Now I will probably talk a lot about the house that we will be building when we move this coming summer, I may also talk about some of my college courses (from which I will finally have a BA of Anthropology this May). I have been working on the design of the house for about 9 months now and am slowly getting it to a point where I'm starting to really feel like it will be our home.
Some of the topics I'm going to try and get Kirie to talk about are; Agriculture (how we plan on keeping is sustainable), being an awesome mom, crochet and knitting (I may talk some about sewing), and any other talents she may want to talk about (she has a plethora). But I will let her tell you more of what she wants to talk about with her first post.
We may also talk some about our writing endeavors, and how we manage it with our daily lives.
I will try to post at least weekly if not bi-weekly. If I haven't and you want more please send me a message- sometimes encouragement goes a long way!
I will be setting up a q&a and will try and pick at least 1-2 to base a post on. But I/we will try to answer all the question given as long as they aren't troll questions.
Lastly we most likely will talk about ourselves, our hopes, dreams, beliefs, family, etc.. But we won't use our kids often in pictures and such (Kirie will decide whether or not to include them), and most likely won't give their actual names(again this is up to Kirie).
All this being said we are doing this blog to help others, and as much to kind of chronicle how things are changing, to show it can be done.
I'll end here this evening, but for my next post I will be talking about the main building material/materials we will be using for our house.
Bonne nuit!
Nate
Yeah! Im so excited to hear about all of your guys journey in detail here!
ReplyDeleteGreat! Look forward to more. Love you all.
ReplyDelete